Teledyne Optech respects your privacy. While we encourage you to create a profile on our website so that we can better respond to your needs and preferences, we will act to protect your privacy at all times. We make every effort to comply with PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act), the federal legislation defining and regulating the use of “Personal Information” (for more information see http://www.priv.gc.ca/leg_c/leg_c_p_e.asp) as well as CASL (Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation), the federal legislation regulating the sending of commercial emails (more information can be found here: http://fightspam.gc.ca/) and the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). PIPEDA is based on 10 “Fair Information Practices,” principles which are given as “internationally recognized norms.” Below you will find those 10 principles and our related practices.
Much of Teledyne Optech’s web site is available for anonymous access. Visitors may choose to register on our site by volunteering Personal Identification Information, such as name, address and email address to gain access to more detailed product and technical information.
Teledyne Optech will make some Personal Identification Information available to a limited number of Teledyne Optech employees, subsidiary/sibling entities, or business representatives for the purpose of improving products and support. Teledyne Optech will not give or sell Personal Identification Information to third parties. By registering on this site, you agree to allow Teledyne Optech to use your information for the purposes identified.
Privacy Principles and Practices
(1) Accountability: Teledyne Optech has designated individuals who are responsible for monitoring our ongoing compliance with privacy principles. For the website, the web manager is responsible.
(2) Identifying Purposes: Whenever we collect personal information, we will identify the purposes for which it will be used. In general, we collect personal information
- To let us provide individualized web content and support
- To let us provide announcements and product update notices to you, if you choose to receive them
- To let us gauge product and market interest to help us focus our development efforts
(3) Consent: We require your consent to collect, use and disclose personal information, subject to certain exceptions. These exceptions are set out in the laws that apply to various jurisdictions. When you choose to volunteer information on our website, you agree to allow Teledyne Optech to use your personal information for fair and lawful means, limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
(4) Limiting Collection: Teledyne Optech shall not collect personal information unless it can be used for the identified purposes.
(5) Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: Teledyne Optech shall not use personal information for other than identified purposes; for additional uses, we must make every effort to obtain individual consent. Teledyne Optech will not sell or give your personal information to third parties. If an account has been inactive for more than a year, Teledyne Optech may destroy the account and the personal information contained in it, except where destroying that account would impair the operation of products purchased from Teledyne Optech (e.g. software registered under that that account).
(6) Accuracy: Teledyne Optech websites require registrants to enter their own information. This information is supplied voluntarily, and its accuracy, completeness, and currency shall be the responsibility of the registrant. Registrants are informed when they register how to update their profiles.
(7) Safeguards: Optech protects personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. The information is stored on a secure server and access is restricted by passwords and other security measures.
(9) Individual Access: The Teledyne Optech websites require registrants to enter their own information. This information is supplied voluntarily, and its accuracy, completeness, and currency shall be the responsibility of the registrant. Registrants may also request details of their personal information kept by Teledyne Optech by contacting the webmaster.
(10) Challenging Compliance: Challenges to our compliance with PIPEDA should be directed to the Teledyne Optech webmaster. For more information on privacy and relevant legislation, visit some of these sites:
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
- Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
- Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- PIPEDA information from the Department of Justice, Government of Canada
Analytics Data Collection
We collect data about your interactions on our websites in order to improve the information, presentation, and user experiences on our sites. This data is sent to Google Analytics, and does not contain any personally identifying information (“PII”). Collected data includes items such as IP addresses, pages visited, actions performed, accounts created and accessed, non-PII user IDs, etc. The data Google receives is used to help it analyse trends and aggregate statistics, and does not allow Google to personally identify individual users.
Access to the data collected by Google Analytics is strictly limited to Teledyne Optech personnel and contractors, for our internal use only. This data is never sold or given to third parties. You can view the Google Analytics Terms of Service here: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
A cookie is a small piece of information that tells a web site you have visited there before. With your permission, a web server such as Teledyne Optech’s sends a cookie to be stored on your computer’s hard drive, taking up less than 100 bytes of disk space. The Teledyne Optech cookie acts like an identity card every time you visit the Teledyne Optech web site. Teledyne Optech cannot read cookies set by other sites.
Cookies can save you time. If you enable cookies, you will not have to provide your name and password when visiting the parts of our site that require registration. Cookies also allow Teledyne Optech to customize the pages you visit based on the profile information you choose to provide. By creating a profile and enabling cookies, you teach us to give you more of what you want (and less of what you don’t). This also helps us focus our development efforts.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Please see the “Help” menu for your browser.
Teledyne Optech encourages all internet users to educate themselves as much as possible about internet privacy and security so they can make informed choices. If you want to learn more about cookies, the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies is an excellent resource.
300 Interchange Way